Tuesday, December 14, 2010

1 year


I find it incredibly hard to believe that my baby girl is a year old today.  I have mixed emotions about her turning one.  She has turned into a little person who is growing to be more independent each day.  It is hard for me to start thinking of her not as a baby, but as a toddler.  She hit a lot of her milestones early, while exciting, means that her status as baby would be short lived.

I am actually longing for the days where I just fed, burped, diapered and rocked her.  Not that I want all the other not so glamorous parts to return along with those baby days.  Don't get me wrong, the first year was hard for me.  The sleep deprivation kept me in zombie mode most of the year.  The crying jags in the car after dropping Holly off at daycare at 3.5 months old.  Short term memory loss, the long nights of teething tears and screams.  Trying to keep up with a job, baby, husband and make time to get myself healthy again. All hard, but totally worth it.  I just miss being able to hold her little butt in the palm of my hand with room to spare.

I get asked all the time, when is #2 coming?  I am really loving #1 right now and  have no plans for #2.  I will have to see where the next two years takes us.  Maybe i will be ready then, maybe not.  All I know is, I am going to enjoy every minute I have with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment