Sunday, October 25, 2009

Meltdown and The Patient Husand

Paranoia set in pretty hard this week for me.  Since Wednesday, I hadn't been feeling well.  No real symptoms, just feeling off.  I think it was just pure exhaustion.  I have been so dedicated to work, and not getting enough sleep.  (Still having those half night sleep sessions.)  I had noticed that I hadn't been feeling the baby move as much on Wednesday, at least not with the intense movements where I can see her kicks jump my belly.  I mentioned it to the hubby, but he brushed it off as my imagination.  I did spend most of the day sleeping and probably was too tired to notice anything.

That night, I woke up at 3am with full on set paranioa and was headed straight for a meltdown.  I was convinced she wasn't moving and something was wrong.  I got out of bed, walked around the house for 15 minutes, drank a glass of OJ, hopped around, did whatever I could think of to get her to move.  30 minutes later, nothing.  I panicked.  I went back to bed, in fits of tears and the hubby woke up.  The trooper that he is, got out of bed to help calm me down.  He has to be up in 2 hours to get ready for work.  He was so patient with me, even though he thought I overreacting.

We both read in one of our baby books that the babies respond to light in the womb, so he got up and found our heavy duty flashlight and started shinning it on the belly.  NOTHING.  Daniel poked and jiggled and squished my belly and nothing.  I was lying on my side, convinced that since I was sleeping on my back that I cut off her circulation, so doing anything to restore her oxygen supply.  Daniel got me a glass of ice water and I chugged it down.  Almost immediately, we started feeling some taps.  Nothing intense, but a few little movements to let me know she was okay.  It was the most stressful hour of my life.  Daniel said the next purchase this weekend was going to be one of those at home heartbeat dopplars.

Normal people would have called the doctor right away, but I wasn't sure if it was me being paraniod or not.  I couldn't remember for the life of me when I felt her last.  Damn that failing pregnancy brain and memories.  I can't remember anything.  Daniel was sure that he said I was feeling her move when we went to bed.  I didn't remember that conversation, but that doesn't mean it didn't take place!  So needless to say, I recommend recording or journaling movements as often as you can, so you have something to refer to.  I announce to the hubby whenever I feel movements and the time, so he can quote me back later.

The next day, Holly was back to her very active and intense kicking, hiccups and yabba dabba do time.  She has been that way all weekend.  We did go to BRU this weekend and bought the heart dopplar.  We couldn't really hear anything but a couple of beats and then swooshing.  The box said it would it be a very faint sound, and could only be picked up if the baby was in a good position. It also mentioned your body weight may have an affect on the readings as well.  So I wouldn't bother wasting the $25.  It was the cheapy Graco model. 

1 comment:

  1. I would have been FREAKING OUT. So glad she is up and moving :-)

    ReplyDelete