Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yabba Dabba Do Time

Holly is channeling her inner Fred Flintstone and is running in my belly, like Fred does to start his car.  I call it Yabba Dabba Do time.  It feels so strange, but cool at the same time.  I started feeling her around 18 weeks, just a few flutters here and there.  Since I hit 22 weeks, she is extremely active and I feel her kicking and punching.  Over this past weekend, I had my hand on my belly, she punched me and my hand jumped up.  It was wild.  I am still too fluffy for my husband to feel her kicks.  I have noticed my belly is getting a little harder each day and hope that he will be able to feel her soon.

Today marks my first true day of relaxation on my staycation and it was GREAT!  I spent the morning puttering around the house, reading blogs and then took a 2 hour nap.  The sleeping was the main point of this staycation, I needed rest.

Since the start of the 2nd trimester, I have had terrible sleep patterns.  Not only do I have to wake up 5+ times a night to pee, but I am feeling Holly move more, and having some crazy ass dreams.  I tend to wake up after about 5 hours of sleep and stay awake for 3 hours.  Just am wide awake and can't sleep.  I usually fall back asleep around 5 or 6am until I have to get up for work, at 8am.  The erratic schedule is messing up my day and I feel tired all day long. 

I have been reading in the pregnancy books that you are supposed to sleep on your left side when you reach 12 weeks or so, to help proper blood and oxygen flow for the baby.  I asked my doctor about this because I cannot stand to sleep on my side.  My shoulder throbs because of the excess weight put on it, and my hip goes numb.  I am a total back sleeper and am most comfortable that way.  The doctor said to sleep in whatever position makes me comfortable.  The baby or my body will tell me when I need to move to a more comfy position, naturally.  Well, he was right.  I recently find myself shifting to my left or right side and being comfortable there for hours on end.  So strange how your body reacts and adjusts when it needs to.  I still fall asleep on my back, propped up with lots of pillows,  (Imagine an upright position, as if I was sleeping on one of those craftmatic adjustable beds or hospital beds.), but wake up on my side.  Now, if I can only sleep through the night and get over some of these wild dreams... More on those in another post.

Hope everyone is having a good day... Off to relax for the night and catch the new 90210 and Melrose Place.  Bad tv is one of my guilty pleasures.. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, I just came across you blog and wanted to give you my well wishes. I am overweight and pregnant myself and we are also having a girl, her name isn't decided yet. She's due Jan.4, it's kinda late right now, but tomorrow I am coming back to read your past posts! Good luck, and have fun with this pregnancy. I also had the sleeping issue, as I can only sleep on my right side, but I always wake up on my left. lol Strange, but good our bodies know what they need!

    ReplyDelete