Sunday, April 26, 2009

No way, I don't believe it is a plus sign!

April 21, 2009 - I have been expecting my period any day now. It's been strange, I usually have my sweets and salty cravings a few days before my period starts, I of course get very randy the day or two before as well. Nothing. My hubby commented on it as well, he has been waiting for me to jump his bones as usual this time of the month. LOL! Do we think this could be it? Of course, I deny it immediately. No way. I have been down this path too many times the past two years. One slight sign of possible pregnancy, excited as can be, I rush to take a pregnancy test, and nothing. Just another big disappointment. I am too lazy to do the math and see when my period is expected. I don't track it in a calendar, and just know around the 20 something of each month I have a visitor. I vow not to take a test until the end of the month, that way I know for sure that I am late and it could be a possibility.

April 22, 2009 - I think the weather has been effecting me. I have been super hot all week, but husband insists it isn't that warm. He turned on the AC and set it at 68. I refuse to let him touch me because he radiates heat. If my brother in law and his girlfriend (5 months pregnant) weren't staying with us, I might have slept in the guest room. It gets cooler in there.

I came home from work and reviewed the day with the hubby as we were getting ready for bed. I did notice at work today I had a brief spell of nausea. Only lasted about 10 minutes. I got over it and continued on. I also have noticed how completely tired I have been this past month. Hmmmm, that's a coincidence.... I DO have that one last pregnancy test stick under the sink in my bathroom and I do have to tinkle... What the hell, it'll give me the chance to throw that box out now.

Ummm, I THINK that is a plus sign. Can't be... It is really faint. Maybe I am just imagining it. Maybe I want this so much, my mind is playing tricks on me. I have to ask the hubby. I didn't tell him I was taking the test. I don't want to get his hopes up. I must prep him before he sees it.

I called Daniel to the bathroom to show him something. I stopped him at the door and told him that he was under no circumstance to get excited about what I was about to show him. I don't think it is right, but need his opinion. Of course, he immediately starts smiling and doing this thing with his lips whenever he gets excited or sees something he likes. (It's a slight pucker of his lips, so cute! He doesn't even realize he does it.) So I show him the test and he sees the plus sign too. I am in total denial. I emphasize no excitement. The test stick is old, maybe it isn't accurate. It's 10pm at night and it was our last one. We were whispering because the in-laws are here and I don't want them to hear.

I left the test on the bathroom counter and we settle into bed. I told Daniel not to say anything to his brother and tomorrow on the way home from work, I will stop at the drug store to buy another box of tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment