Sunday, April 26, 2009

Gas, Gas, Gas

April 24, 2009 - I took another test first thing that morning. I had to make sure again. Yup, it was another plus sign. This will probably never get old. LOL!

I gave my mom a call on the way to work and told her the news. I think she was shocked more than anything. Not overly excited as I had imagined. Then again, I have been so cautious about this too, that I haven't exactly been doing jumping jacks. I think I am still in shock too.

She eventually came around and called me throughout the day, showing more and more excitement with each call. She agreed to keep the secret until I can tell the rest of the family, and to keep the secret from friends until I got the go ahead from the Dr. and knew I was in a safe zone to tell everyone.

Throughout the day, I was able to get calls in to my brothers and sister and let them know they were going to be an aunt and uncles. They were happy.

On the symptoms front, no nausea today, but I have been having the worse gas. Burps and toots. It has really been going on for a few weeks now. I am cutting farts left and right. It is pretty gross, but I can't help it. No matter what I eat or drink, I have gas in one way or the other. I am going to be the stinky girl at work if this doesn't stop after a while. It is hard to hold it in during meetings or when I am in the office. I am constantly excusing myself. People must think I have the smallest bladder in the world. LOL! Even worse, sometimes they just slip out. Luckily, my new shoes are squeeky and I can blame the noise on them. LOL!

On the food front, I have been eating pretty healthy. I have continued to eat a lot of fruit and veggies and salads with meals or as snacks. I am opting for fruit as my side dish rather than fries, chips or something else. We had a party at work today and I ate a piece of cake. The sugar made me sick. I don't think I like sugar anymore. Could this be possible? I could come home and eat half a tray of brownies for dinner, and suddenly I don't like sugar? It is like a sugar switch has been turned off. Even the thought of sugar makes me a little queasy. This is GREAT!

I am getting back in the habit of logging all my food into my journal at sparkpeople.com. I want to go to the doctor prepared. I know that some doctors prejudge woman of my weight and will give me the lecture about gestational diabetes. I want to show him how committed i am to the baby and want to take care of myself and him/her. (Also known as Holly or Ringo)

No comments:

Post a Comment